Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 12ish: Back to School

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry that i haven't been keeping everyone updated in the last few days i made my transition back to Eastern on Sunday and have been trying to settle in with my new classes. So far classes are going good but it is hard to concentrate when the only thing on your mind is your big brother! I haven't seen Josh in two days and it seems like a life time! Luckily i get to go home tomorrow night and share a family dinner with everyone... and by everyone YES i mean including Josh also!

Josh has been allowed to get "hall passes" from rehab to go out to dinner or just get out to get some fresh air every once and a while since he is making such progress. He got to go out to dinner with my parents and grandparents last night and also got to go watch The Grinders, the hockey team that he had been skating with prior to the accident.

My mom has told me that although that Josh is doing better he is starting to have pain in his jaw, we aren't sure if it is because he has been eating more solid food in the last few days or if the numbness in his mouth is starting to wear off. I could imagine that since the bullet stopped right underneath his tongue it is probably likely that his mouth is going to hurt.

Thank you for your continuous prayers, my family really appreciates it! I really excited to see my brother tomorrow and i am hoping that he can go out for the day on Sunday, so we can spend Easter Sunday as a family. Each day my brother and my family are getting stronger. I have posted the note that Josh wrote me last week in my wardrobe so that every time i look at it, i can remember to stay Strong because Josh is definitely a strength throughout our family right now!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see that in just 2 weeks he is doing so much better! it truly is a miracle Kourt! You and your family are so amazingly supportive and strong!

    ReplyDelete