Sunday, April 1, 2012


Day 8 & 9:
Saturday and Sunday
March 29 & April 1, 2012


Sorry to everyone who has been reading my blog everyday! We had quite a busy day yesterday so I forgot to post! As I write this and sit in my living room with my mom and dad, I am kind of dreading going back to school this evening. I know that it will be good for me to go back to “normal” life but I feel like my mind will thinking about Josh, until I know that he is home and doing 100% better. I guess that’s just me being an over protective sister, (funny since I am the baby of the family!) But I find myself a little nervous to go back to school, although I am blessed to only be going to school at Eastern and I can drive to see Josh after my classes, I have been so attached to my family that I’m almost afraid to step into the outside world, where it seems like 80% of Eastern’s campus knows Josh or what happened to him! I love sharing his “superman” recovery story but I don’t want to get too overwhelmed at school!

Anyways, when we left Josh on Friday he seemed like he was really exhausted by the move from the hospital to his rehab facility. But Saturday when we saw him, even though he had just gone through 3 hours of physical therapy he was in great spirits. We went outside with him to get some fresh air and just kind of talked about everything. It’s nice to Josh’s personality shine! He was sitting in his wheelchair and reached up with his left arm to itch is head. Sometimes his left arm movement is a little delayed because of the “neglect” part of his brain getting damaged from his stroke. When Josh reached up to itch his head his arm didn’t follow his command right away and when Josh looked down at his left side to see what was going on he slapped his left hand and said “common buddy, don’t embarrass me!”  Josh is always making jokes about what happened to him. I think it’s his way of staying in good spirits because he is healing so fast and the doctors are saying that he should make a full recovery.  We left Josh to go get his a steak dinner from twigs, he keeps getting frustrated from his lack of appetite and when he does have one the hospital food is so bland that it’s  not even worth eating! We brought Josh is dinner and he ate a little bit of it while we all sat in the room and hung out with him. Around 8 pm he took his next round of medicine so he got tired really fast. We left him to get some rest for the night!

Today, Sunday and we are getting ready to go see Josh again! I’m sure he will be in good spirits like always!

Thank you for all of your love and support J

No comments:

Post a Comment